Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

About Creepy By Design

All this started through my Tumblr blog which I initially created to fuel my tiny obsession with Grindhouse cinema, I blogged there on and off for a couple years and it's only recently that I really started to dig the name Creepy By Design. I thought to myself I should really get into my art and I should do it under this banner, so here I am, trying to reinvent myself and to do what I do best, draw.

I've blogged on and off since 2004, about various subjects, my most successful outing was when I blogged about the paranormal, I was dedicated, I had a passion for it, though I eventually became disillusioned with the culture behind it all.

Gut Rot Wood BlockBefore blogging, straight out of high school I spent four years in art school, I concentrated mostly on print making, did a bit of everything though, carving, jewelry, clay. After that I did one year of graphic design, mostly just to get my head around Photoshop.

After that I spent the next five years cooking, go figure huh. I'm currently just coming up to two years working as a locksmith, not exactly where I thought all that schooling would take me.

So here I am, hoping to get the ball rolling on my art, it's going to be tough but I'll get there.

As Part of my reinvention I've basically started over, I've created a whole bunch of new social profiles, my absolute favorite of the bunch is Instagram, I'm most active here and you'll probably catch my latest works there before anywhere else.

I'm also on Twitter which I use as a catch all for all the trails I leave online. I'm also on Flickr which I use as an alternative showcase to my Instagram uploads.

And finally I have two Youtube channels you can find me on, Smoodiver which I've had since 2005 which consists mostly of videos of me out and about metal detecting and a new channel Creepy By Design which I intend to be all about my art.

A vid from my Smoodiver channel.


So I've got a quite a bit of work ahead of me, need to do some new drawings, need to flesh out the blog, so I better get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please feel to leave one.